Automatic voltage controllers are an electronic device that maintains a steady voltage level to any of your electrical equipment loads that require a reliable and steady voltage level. With the presence of various regulation tools to select from, sometimes it can be quite challenging to select the best one for your need and the required load of the equipment loads. It becomes essential to know what to find for controllers. If the proper controllers are not selected for your equipment then it will hamper your equipment pretty much.
It is an electronic gadget. It has the power to maintain a continuous voltage level to any electrical equipment on the same load. Automatic voltage controllers control voltage variations for delivering constant as well as reliable power supply. Without the use of automatic voltage controllers, the voltage might sag, or spike or surge can damage electrical gadgets.
Voltage Controllers keep the voltage from a power supply in a range that is adaptable with the other electrical elements. Voltage Controllers are mostly used for Direct Current/ Direct Current conversion. Few of them can also perform Alternating Current/Alternating Current or Alternating Current/Direct Current power conversion too.
Why we need automatic voltage controllers?
The Automatic Voltage Controller need is wide for both domestic and commercial areas. Automatic voltage controllers have several advantages. Following are undeniable reasons that it is needed in every electrical installation areas:
- Installing an Automatic Voltage Controller allows electricity providers to supply electricity to a group of customers or to the complete collection of gadgets that are present in a household. It is additionally essential to take into account the probability of the corresponding turning on all the existing domestic gadgets.
- Electrical gadgets that are equipped with electric-powered motors like washing machines, air conditioners, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, microwaves, and others are identified by exorbitant starting currents. Also, there are electric-powered compressors, pumps, motors that have additionally exorbitant starting currents. Starting currents can sometimes exceed the minimal strength of a machine several times.
- It is very essential to pay to expound interest to the running scale of Automatic Voltage Controllers The most enormous is the scale of entering voltages 150-270 Volts.
- Again when the voltage goes over all these existing scopes it becomes very crucial to choose out Automatic Voltage Controllers with a wider range. For example 100-270 V or 150-310 V.
- It is also additionally imperative to pay awareness to the accuracy of preserving through the appliance of the output voltage. Regardless of the case, the output voltage of Automatic Voltage Controllers should not go beyond 198-242 V
- Protection against any short circuit of the voltage load. It provides ultimate safety of Automatic Voltage Controllers and the electricity provides groups duly in case of connection of any faulty devices.
- Automatic Voltage Controllers Manufacturers designs the Automatic Voltage Controllers to provide electricity to 3 phase units that are used on the whole at any manufacturing enterprise. For residential areas where the 3 phases are accessed and normal domestic gadgets are used, 3 single-phase Automatic Voltage Controllers can be installed.
- The thermal safety of the transformer has the ability to disconnect the loading in the case of the transformer overheating.
- Excessive overload capability.
- Opportunity to function during the idle mode.
- High management accuracy.
- Absence of any sinusoidal waveform distortion of the output voltage.
- Extensive adjustment range.
- Absence of interference.
- Vast vary of entering voltages.
- Excessive coefficient of any affectivity value.
How it works
Technology has become one of the major affairs for Voltage Controllers. It thus defines the unique workflow of the Controllers Stabilizers. The following points will give a brief idea as to how the Automatic Voltage Controllers works.
- Automatic Voltage Controllers are more than 98%-99% approximately in assessment to 93%-97% approximately of traditional makes on hand in the existing market solely relying on the input voltage range. Therefore a 500KVA type of Automatic Voltage Controllers stabilizer will consume additional electricity solely a minimum of Rs. 80,000 p.a. approximately, keeping on account of its decrease productively by a minimum of 2%.
- The core is developed from grain-oriented, low loss, annealed lamination, cold-rolled electrical sheet metal authenticating to the latest global standards.
- A distinguishing frame is built in-house for holding the core to limit the magnetic sound as appropriately as making the entire structure robust and inflexible.
- Automatic Voltage Controllers consist of untroubled electronic control voltage circuits. It is for monitoring and controlling the voltage. Restoration and preservation of which is very smooth. The regulator and the Buck and Boost transformers are oil-cooled and stored in separate or identical sheet metal tanks. The radiators are equipped for high-quality cooling. The coils of Buck and Boost transformers and voltage controller are vacuum insert and also oven dried as per International Standards (IS).
Types and Applications
Automatic Voltage Controllers Manufacturers basically manufacture two types of Controllers. The two types of Voltage Controllers are :
Linear Voltage Controllers
In electronic appliances, a linear regulator system is used for maintaining a steady voltage. The resistance power of this type of regulator varies in compliance with the load and the input voltage, developing in constant voltage output. Linear controllers can also be made up of vacuum tube components and assemblies of discrete solid-state. Linear voltage controllers are regarded as the original version of controllers for regulating power supplies.
Switching Voltage Controllers
A Switching Voltage Controller can accept the Direct Current input voltage and then convert it into a switched voltage. This can extend into the MHz region. Thereafter it converts the switched voltage to a Direct Current output by using a rectifier and a low pass filter. As the switched voltage is only part of the time, the complete switching operations result in higher efficiency than is generally possible with a linear controller that is always on. Using the output voltage feedback, this type of controller generates a fixed output voltage that always remains constant in spite of changes to its load conditions or input voltage.